Womens The Mod Retro Wetsuit - Smooth Skin 3MM Black
$332.50 was $475.00
This variant is currently sold out
MOD: (noun)- Mod is a dandified youth subculture that developed and was strongest in the 1960's.
OCN Culture The Mod Retro Smoothie Wetsuit is the ultimate in style and functionality while providing warmth and comfort throwing back rubber to the roots of modern surfing and built with modern technology.
• Entry: Backzip
• Wetsuit Color: Black
• Neoprene Material: Japanese Yamamoto Limestone/ Smoothie. Jersey Neoprene inner-crotch.
• Construction: Blind-Stitched/ Double Glued/ Reinforced Heat Dots at all high stress points.
• Taped throughout all internal seams.
• Inner Jersey: Black with Mod Art embellishment by The Single Fin Theory Artist, Kevin Mirsky.
• Batwing Flood Gasket
• Release Hole: for back area drainage
• Kneepads: Durable Kneepanels
• Flush Cut around wrists/ ankles with rubber seals.
• YKK Zipper: Nylon Pull Cord/ Hidden Zipper
• Key Pocket: Neoprene cover with bungee.
Read more about the previous wetsuit design by on our Artist & Creators page "Retro Style Meets Modern Day Construction".
With every wetsuit purchase, we partner with SeaTrees and The Bay Foundation and local divers to remove over-populations of sea-urchins, and restore giant kelp forests in Palos Verdes, Southern California.
Over the last 100 years, more than 90% of California's kelp forests have disappeared. Due to the human impacts of climate change and the removal of key predators like sea otters, sea urchins (which feast on the kelp) have proliferated to create "barrens" where kelp cannot grow.
The good - once the urchins are removed - kelp is the fastest growing organism and can grow up to 2ft per day!
Every square foot of giant kelp you help to restore:
- Provides employment for local fisher-people and divers
- Creates critical habitat for 100s species
- Sequesters carbon
The material used to make this wetsuit is high quality and constructed with utmost care, however it is imperative that you read, understand, and follow the care instructions below.
- Avoid any contact with sharp or rough objects.
- Don’t use excessive force when putting on or taking off the wetsuit. Don’t pull suit on with finger tips, use palms to pull suit up.
- Rinse in cool fresh water after use and drip dry.
- Don’t leave wetsuit exposed to high temperatures.
- Keep out of direct sunlight.
- Never tumble dry this wetsuit.
- Smoothie material is extremely delicate and can rip and tear if not taken care of appropriately.